- Cooking Spray
- 3 x diced sweet potatoes
- 500g diced lamb or beef
- 2 x diced medium onions
- 1 x 400g can of tomatoes w/ juice
- 2 x cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 x beef stock cube
- 2 tbsp Keen’s Curry Powder
- 150 g spinach
- 2/3 cup plain yoghurt
- 250g peas
- Spray slow cooker bowl with cooking spray
- Add sweet potatoes, meat, onions, tomatoes and juice, garlic, water, beef stock cube, and curry powder to the bowl and stir it all together
- Cook on low temperature for 7-hours
- Add the spinach and yoghurt to the slow cooker bowl and stir through
- Cook for another 25-minutes
- Add the peas to the bowl and stir through
- Cook for a further 5-minutes
Serve curry over steamed rice.
Pork ribs were on sale last week so I thought that I would try out some in the slow cooker. They came out amazing and I will definitely be doing them again sometime soon.
Here is the recipe for my slow cooker pork ribs:
- 2kg (4 pounds) pork ribs
- 1 onion
- 1.5 cups of your favourite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cut 2kg (4lbs) pork ribs into portion size and put in the bottom of your slow cooker
- Slice the onion and put on top of the ribs
- Cover with 1.5 cups of your favourite BBQ sauce (I used President’s Choice Smokin’ Stampede Beer and Chipotle BBQ Sauce)
- Drizzle the honey over the top of the ribs
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of ground mustard on top of it all
- Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours
About half way through I stirred the ribs and covered it again with the sauce. Before serving I took the ribs out of the slow cooker and drained off the fat then added the ribs again to the sauce and stirred it through.
I ended up cooking the ribs for the full 10-hours and they turned out really well.
This is one meal I will definitely be doing again. It was very easy to put together and tasted great.
Cooking Corned Silverside in the Slow Cooker is one of the easiest meals that I make.
List of ingredients:
- Medium Corned Silverside Roast
- 10 Pepper Corn Kernels
- 3 Table Spoons Brown Sugar
- Mixed Herbs
- Splash of Vinegar
Put the corned beef silverside in the slow cooker then sprinkle the dry ingredients over it. Pour your splash of vinegar over the silverside then cover it the silverside with water.
Cook the silverside on low for 8 – 10 hours, on high for 6 – 7 hours, or on high for 4 – 5 hours.
Corned Been Silverside is the perfect meal that you can prepare before heading off to work in the morning.
Tonight I will be serving mine with mashed potatoes, a nice green salad and maybe some bake at home rolls. We’ve got a very busy day, so a slow cooker meal is great to make dinner time a bit less crazy.
Yesterday I did a whole chicken in a slow cooker that turned out fantastic.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 Large Roasting Chicken (ours was 1.75kg, or 4 pounds)
- 4 x Medium Potatoes
- 2 x Large Carrots
- 1 x Large Brown Onion
- 3 x Cloves / Tea Spoons Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Cooking wine (I used a $5.00 bottle of Chardonnay)
I bought a pre-marinated chicken, but if you use a normal chicken rub your favourite chicken seasoning on the outside of the chicken (my favourite is Montreal Chicken Seasoning).
Wash and cut your potatoes into quarters and put them on the bottom of the slow cooker.
Peal and cut the carrots and put them in the bottom of the slow cooker with the potatoes.
Cut up your onions and put them in the slow cooker.
Add the 1/2 cup of wine (it doesn’t sound like enough, but because of how the slow cooker works, it will be enough).
Add the 3 x tea spoons of crushed garlic to the vegetables and wine.
Place the chicken on it’s back in the slow cooker on top of all the vegetables and wine.
Put the lid on the slow cooker and let it cook. The time will depend on the setting you, but this is a rough guide:
- High for 5 – hours
- Low for 10 – hours
- Auto for 7.5 – hours (I used this one)
When it’s finished you will have a very moist and tasty chicken. I left the skin on when I cooked it, but then scraped the skin off after cooking.
I served this with creamed corn and fresh white crusty bread for a really tasty dinner.