Pork ribs were on sale last week so I thought that I would try out some in the slow cooker. They came out amazing and I will definitely be doing them again sometime soon.
Here is the recipe for my slow cooker pork ribs:
- 2kg (4 pounds) pork ribs
- 1 onion
- 1.5 cups of your favourite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cut 2kg (4lbs) pork ribs into portion size and put in the bottom of your slow cooker
- Slice the onion and put on top of the ribs
- Cover with 1.5 cups of your favourite BBQ sauce (I used President’s Choice Smokin’ Stampede Beer and Chipotle BBQ Sauce)
- Drizzle the honey over the top of the ribs
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of ground mustard on top of it all
- Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours
About half way through I stirred the ribs and covered it again with the sauce. Before serving I took the ribs out of the slow cooker and drained off the fat then added the ribs again to the sauce and stirred it through.
I ended up cooking the ribs for the full 10-hours and they turned out really well.
This is one meal I will definitely be doing again. It was very easy to put together and tasted great.