Previously I have written up the damper recipe that I usually use. I’ve experimented a bit with that base recipe by adding different herbs to it, but this cheese, bacon and chives damper recipe by the Aussie Griller looks delicious.
Here is how to make it:
- 2 cups plain white flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 60g melted butter
- 200ml milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Handful diced bacon
- Handful shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl
- Kneed the dough to form a ball for about 5 – 8 minutes until it’s nice and firm
- Flatten the dough ball, brush on a bit of milk and dust it.
- Place in on a floured baking tray.
- Place it in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
I can’t wait to try this one and I have subscribed to the Aussie Griller YouTube channel as well so that I can try out more of their great recipes.