- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g chicken breast cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 250g spiral pasta
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat oil and sauté onion until tender, salt and pepper chicken pieces and add to the pan along with the garlic, cook until cooked through.
- Add can of diced tomatoes, including juice, to the onion and chicken an heat until bubbling. Add butter, milk, and cheese to the pan. After it has simmered for a while to reduce the sauce, add the basil and 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the chicken pan and stir to combine.
- Salt the dish just enough to bring out the flavour of the basil.